Help Quest "find a bear and a vehicle"

Please post in here your thoughts, wishlists and anything else related to Anno 2070

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:24 pm
Hello,
Firts of all, I'm apolozige for my english beacuse I'm spanish so I have a basic level of english.
I need help about two quests:
One is to find a bear in the island. I find it around the forest but I only could see deers. Do you know how I can find it?
The other one is to find a vehicle. One of the characters tell me that they are searching one vehicle named "corredor" (It's the spanish name, I don't know if there is the same in english). I think it's a car or similar. And he tells me that it is in my island but I don't know how to find it.
Thank you,
Xavi
Anno Fans 2070 Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:28 pm
Look for a bear highlighted in blue and vehicle highlighted in blue on the roads. Once you find one of them, you will know what to look for from now on. Try zooming in if you can't see.
Anno 2070 username: Kevin_Huang
Fisherman
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:37 pm
Also if it is a big island and you are looking for the bear, I found by putting your mouse over the quest it "pings" where the bear will be on the mini map. (plus if you are zoomed out max you cant see the blue outline on the quest items)

as for the car you just change your camera angle and zoom in one notch so you are facing down the streets.

that should make it easier.

hope it helps
Anno Fans 2070 Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:34 pm
nope54 wrote:Also if it is a big island and you are looking for the bear, I found by putting your mouse over the quest it "pings" where the bear will be on the mini map.

No.
Lumberjack
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:29 pm
I agree with Kevin, the Map ping will not point out the location of the bear. It will only tell you which island to search.

The name of the vehicle does not matter, you just need to find the one that is highlighted blue.
Fisherman
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:36 pm
well it worked for me it pointed me in the general direction of the bear?

whats up with that?

Fisherman
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:59 pm
nope54 wrote:well it worked for me it pointed me in the general direction of the bear?

whats up with that?

This worked for me too. I stared at my city for like 10 min. trying to find an architect. I went back and forth, it was driving me mental and I decided I was never even going to bother with those quests ever gain. Then I went to look at the quest description one last time to see if I was just being really dumb and saw a quest marker on my mini-map come and go fast. I clicked on that spot and within 5 seconds I'd seen the blue guy. I had the bear quest at the same time and repeated that process and it worked beautifully.

Maybe on easy difficulty you get the ping?
Anno Fans 2070 Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:04 pm
It has nothing to do with difficulty. You just coincidentally saw the little blue guy. Pings are fixed locations on an island, and if you have a particularly large city the people could be anywhere.

Fisherman
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:51 pm
Kevin Huang wrote:It has nothing to do with difficulty. You just coincidentally saw the little blue guy. Pings are fixed locations on an island, and if you have a particularly large city the people could be anywhere.

I don't know what to tell you, I had two quests active at the same time. It pinged in the middle of my city, which is fairly close to the center of my island, for the architect and he was there. It pinged at the bottom of my island in the forest for the bear and it was there. I claim zero expertise in this game, but I am 100% certain that it went off in two different locations and the blue outlined thing I was looking for was there. It was memorable because I went from "this is the stupidest quest ever"(bordering on tears) as I squinted and moved closer to the monitor because I couldn't find the little guy anywhere before I noticed the pings to "this is the stupidest quest ever"(laughing) when the map ping showed me exactly where it was.

You want to tell me it's an optical illusion or something, that's fine, I can't prove it to you. But it was just about the most serendipitous illusion I can fathom.
Fisherman
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:14 pm
To my knowledge the pings identify the starting point of the person/vehicle/animal you're looking for. So if you receive the quest and follow the ping immediately you will find the p/v/a there. If you wait a couple of minutes it'll have strolled along and could be anywhere. I find that the animals tend to stay in one place while persons and vehicles can wander anywhere where there are roads.

The biggest trouble I had finding someone was a diver, had to pick up three on a huge underwater platform. Two were swimming side by side, while the other was drifting on the other side of the plateau.

Good tip: slow the game down when you're having trouble finding someone, and select a service-building, all houses will light up and it'll be easier to spot the person you're looking for.
Next

Return to Anno 2070 General