Help... New to this game...

Please post in here your thoughts, wishlists and anything else related to Anno 2070

Fisherman
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:40 pm
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:22 pm
I started playing the continuous game and I'm a bit confused on how some things work. I'm wondering why some of my houses doesn't level up even though it meets 100% satisfaction from it's needs. Some remains Eco Worker Barracks and some remains Eco Employee House even though I've already reach the level of Eco Engineer Apartments. I'm also wondering if the population of workers, employee, engineer, and executives affect the production speed of the production buildings. I would also like to know what are Ascension rights for?

Thanks!
User avatar
Tech Assistant
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:56 pm
ca0180 wrote:I started playing the continuous game and I'm a bit confused on how some things work. I'm wondering why some of my houses doesn't level up even though it meets 100% satisfaction from it's needs. Some remains Eco Worker Barracks and some remains Eco Employee House even though I've already reach the level of Eco Engineer Apartments. I'm also wondering if the population of workers, employee, engineer, and executives affect the production speed of the production buildings. I would also like to know what are Ascension rights for?

Thanks!


If all your citizens needs are on the green, your houses should upgrade automatically by default as long as there is enough materials for it. Usually those materials are building blocks and tools. Higher upgrades need special resources too, ie. concrete for tycoons, wood for eco's and carbon for techs etc.

Ascension rights can be blocked, which means that the houses wont upgrade automatically and you have to upgrade them manually by clicking white arrows in the city center-window. You SHOULD always block the rights IMO. That way you can keep track of your resources being spent on upgrades. It's frustrating when all your tools and blocks disappear because of the automatic upgrades and you have none left when you want to build something. This can be very frustrating if the special resources spent on upgrades are expensive, ie. carbon for techs.
- - End of transmission - -

Fisherman
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:40 pm
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:18 pm
sectoid1 wrote:
ca0180 wrote:I started playing the continuous game and I'm a bit confused on how some things work. I'm wondering why some of my houses doesn't level up even though it meets 100% satisfaction from it's needs. Some remains Eco Worker Barracks and some remains Eco Employee House even though I've already reach the level of Eco Engineer Apartments. I'm also wondering if the population of workers, employee, engineer, and executives affect the production speed of the production buildings. I would also like to know what are Ascension rights for?

Thanks!


If all your citizens needs are on the green, your houses should upgrade automatically by default as long as there is enough materials for it. Usually those materials are building blocks and tools. Higher upgrades need special resources too, ie. concrete for tycoons, wood for eco's and carbon for techs etc.

Ascension rights can be blocked, which means that the houses wont upgrade automatically and you have to upgrade them manually by clicking white arrows in the city center-window. You SHOULD always block the rights IMO. That way you can keep track of your resources being spent on upgrades. It's frustrating when all your tools and blocks disappear because of the automatic upgrades and you have none left when you want to build something. This can be very frustrating if the special resources spent on upgrades are expensive, ie. carbon for techs.



I see.. I finally understand it now. Thanks! How would I know the requirements for upgrades? I would also like to know if only a certain type of citizen can run a specific production building, ie. Fishery can only function if there are Eco Workers and Iron mine can only function if there are Eco Employees? If it does, then does the population of these certain type of citizens affect the production speed of the production buldings?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:10 am
Nah, production buildings function separately. Attaining different residence classes only helps to unlock more buildings.
User avatar
Lumberjack
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:51 pm
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:23 pm
Please note that not every house will upgrade! It's impossible to have an island filled with only executives. 80% of workers will upgrade to employees, 60% of employees will upgrade to engineers etc.
But have no fear: Global Trust _solves_ problems, using the... appropriate level of force if necessary.
User avatar
Eco Worker
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:30 pm
I suggest you dont try continuous game more without doing some missions and watching the ultracool youtube tutorial about how you should run in the game...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYFLhADYd3k
That will clarify most of your doubts at least it did so with mine.
Best!
I can't believe I'm wasting my time in this forum at work when I could be playing Anno2070 at home
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:06 pm
Of course it is possible to have an island full of executives. You just need to over-level in combination with demolitions.

Fisherman
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:40 pm
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:18 am
Thanks guys for the help... I'm finally getting used to it...
User avatar
Lumberjack
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:51 pm
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:45 am
Kevin Huang wrote:Of course it is possible to have an island full of executives. You just need to over-level in combination with demolitions.


I'm sure a newbie immediately gets that...
But have no fear: Global Trust _solves_ problems, using the... appropriate level of force if necessary.
User avatar
Eco Worker
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:12 pm
I wouldn't recommend having an island with just executives. Its sounds way too much like my cubicle and its surroundings and that cant be much better in the game than it is in real life...
I can't believe I'm wasting my time in this forum at work when I could be playing Anno2070 at home

Return to Anno 2070 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests